Car Accident Attorneys in Ventura
Proving Your Innocence and Protecting Your Future
California is considered a “fault” state when it comes to traffic accidents, meaning that the determination and proving of fault is at the cornerstone of settling car accident cases. Deciding who was at fault is the biggest influence on the legal consequences following the wreck. To be at fault for a car wreck, the injured party must prove that:
- The other driver owed motorists and pedestrians a certain standard of care and consideration while driving.
- The driver did not fulfil the safety standards required of them while driving.
- The driver’s negligence was cause of the accident. In other words, the accident would have been avoidable if the driver had been more careful.
If the blame is shared between both parties involved in the accident, the injured party will likely be entitled to less compensation.
If you were recently involved in a car accident, contact Wilfert Law P.C. We will help you defend your case and provide legal counsel during your complementary initial case review.
What Should I Do After a Car Accident?
Seeking medical and mechanical support is an obvious next step for many drivers involved in car accidents. Less obvious, however, is the importance of seeking legal help and representation. Our attorneys can help you complete all the necessary legal steps following a car accident, including:
- Reporting the accident
- Collecting and documenting all relevant evidence
- Defending your innocence and/or proving the fault of other drivers involved
- Representing you in court
- Communicating between insurance companies and other parties
- Negotiating settlements
The aftermath of car accidents tends to linger beyond the scene of the wreck. The process can be confusing. Our lawyers can help guide you through it. We are available all hours every day, so you can be assured that we are here whenever you need us.
What Do I Do if I Was Sued After a Car Accident?
If you are being sued following a car accident, our attorneys can help you strategize defenses to prove and maintain your innocence. It is common that both drivers failed to be entirely safe and law-abiding. Our lawyers will help you review defense strategies, including pure comparative negligence which determines the fault of each party involved in the accident and grants damages and payments accordingly.
Call us for a free case review today: (805) 324-6777.
NADC Recognized “Nation’s TOP ONE Percent”
Thousands of Cases Successfully Resolved
Experienced Former Police Officer & Prosecutor
We Are Available 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week for Immediate Help