Criminal Defense CasesSecure Experienced Representation
Ventura Drug Crime Lawyer
Contact Wilfert Law, PC - 805-324-6777
At Wilfert Law, PC, our firm represents people who are criminally charged for a narcotic or drug crime. Whether you are facing a charge for the simple possession or a serious drug trafficking offense, you need defense from a skilled attorney to avoid the potential consequences.
Here are some of our qualifications:
- Comprised of a team that is extremely familiar with the criminal justice system, with backgrounds as law enforcement officers
- Successful case results in a wide variety of cases
- Recognized as skilled trial lawyers
- More than a decade of collective legal experience
- Extensive training with drug recognition and police procedure that gives us an edge over our peers in drug-related cases
Drug crimes include any number of offenses involving narcotics, and penalties correlate with specific charges. Our criminal attorneys have the resources to help you defeat the charges or obtain a reduction of penalties. Regardless of what drug crime you were arrested for, you need the assistance of our firm to combat the charges and defend your freedom.
Don't face these charges alone. Call Wilfert Law, PC at 805-324-6777 to begin discussing your legal options.
How We Can Defend Your Drug Charge
As our firm defends your case, there are many steps that we can take to ensure that all bases for the best defense possible have been covered.
Here are some possible defenses:
- The narcotics officer associated with your case may have performed an action outside of the set procedure which led to a false charge.
- As we perform a thorough investigation, we can determine whether the police officer ignored constitutional search and seizure laws, violated California's entrapment laws, or made an arrest without adequate evidence.
- We may be able to prove that the drugs were not yours.
In California, we have a program called Pretrial Diversion (PC 1,000), which was created an incentive for drug offenders to attend rehabilitation. This can be an excellent choice for people who do not want to take their case to trial. The program has several parts that must be completed by the offender, after which, the case will be dismissed as if it never happened.
Prerequisites for Pretrial Diversion:
- You must not have been convicted of a crime in the last five years that is not eligible for Pretrial Diversion under PC 1,000.
- The crime that you are charged with cannot be a violent crime.
- There can't be any evidence that you were committing a more serious crime such as selling drugs.
- You cannot have any felony convictions in the last 5 years.
Requirements for completion of Pretrial Diversion:
- Restitution of $100-1,000
- Passing Regular Drug tests
- Attending substance abuse treatment
- Not being convicted of another crime throughout the program (12-18 months)
We provide the knowledge and experience necessary to assess and exploit problems with the prosecution's case. Our lawyers tailor our defenses to your case and build strong defense tactics based on your specific situation.
Why Hire Wilfert Law, PC?
We have extensive experience dealing with drug crimes both as former law enforcement professionals and criminal defense attorneys.
Our legal team is comprised of attorneys who are:
Trained in narcotics from state and federal authorities
We understand how the prosecution thinks and can use that to your advantage.
Call Our Firm to Get Your Free Consultation
Our Ventura drug crime lawyers engage all available resources and defenses to fight against our clients' charges for drug crimes because of the severity of the potential penalties. Drug offenses in California are based on a system of schedules defined by the Controlled Substances Act. The category associated with your alleged drug crime determines the penalty you may be sentenced to if convicted. Your penalty could be any combination of the following: probation, fines, and time in prison.
Why Choose Wilfert Law P.C.?Focused on Protecting Our Clients' Rights
NADC Recognized “Nation’s TOP ONE Percent”
Thousands of Cases Successfully Resolved
Experienced Former Police Officer & Prosecutor
We Are Available 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week for Immediate Help