Ventura Expungement Lawyers
How to Expunge and Clear a Criminal Record in California
Expungement provides individuals with past arrests or convictions an opportunity to clear an infraction from their criminal records. This means that when future employers ask if you have a criminal record, you can honestly and legally respond with a simple "no." Our lawyers will help you determine if you qualify for expungement and aid you through the process as you work toward the clean slate you deserve.
Wilfert Law P.C. is determined to help Ventura residents clear their criminal records. Call us today to get started: (805) 324-6777.
Is Expungement the Same as Record Sealing or Pardons?
Expungement, record sealing, and pardons provide people carrying a record with the opportunity to hide their criminal past from the public and live a life with less hardships finding jobs, housing, or educational opportunities. Though designed to accomplish similar goals, the terms are not interchangeable. The processes offer different alleviations of one’s criminal record:
- Expungements effectively delete all records of the criminal charges or arrests and are typically reserved for cases that did not result in a conviction.
- Record sealing hides criminal records from public view, making them viewable only after a court order has been obtained.
- Pardons forgive convicted people of their offenses and resolve any remaining punishments while keeping their criminal records on file. The person may be able to petition for expungement of their record after receiving a pardon.
Expungements do not clear a person’s entire criminal record. Rather, the person petitions to expunge a specific case from their file. A person may file multiple petitions to account for multiple prior arrests, so long as the case is eligible in accordance with state laws.
Am I Eligible for an Expungement?
Eligibility criteria for expungement varies by state. In California, you may seek expungement of your case if:
- You have completed probation
- You have paid all fines and restitution charged in your case
- You do not have any new charges
Unlike other states, there is no mandated period you must wait before you can expunge your case from your record. Our attorneys will evaluate your case and help you determine your eligibility for expungement. We are determined to help you get your deserved fresh start. Call us today to get started.
Do not wait to turn your life around. Call our Ventura expungement lawyers about clearing your record so you can get a fresh start: (805) 324-6777.
NADC Recognized “Nation’s TOP ONE Percent”
Thousands of Cases Successfully Resolved
Experienced Former Police Officer & Prosecutor
We Are Available 24 Hours a Day, 7 Days a Week for Immediate Help