Obtain Experienced Defense From Our Team
At Wilfert Law, PC, we offer top-notch service to those who have been convicted of financial-related crimes. Our defense attorneys offer a free consultation so that you can discuss your white collar crimes case with us and learn how we can assist you.
Work with a team that is comprised of a former Deputy District Attorney and former law enforcement officers that have unique insight into the criminal justice system. We have successfully defended hundreds of criminal cases, which we attribute to our thorough investigation, unmatched courtroom skills and extensive communication with our clients.
For a better idea of how we approach our cases, here are some general actions we take:
- Our attorneys start from the beginning and re-investigate your entire case, rather than just picking up where police left off.
- We use all the many resources available to us, thoroughly and accurately investigating the details of your situation.
- After locating additional information, we attempt to convince the prosecution that your charges should be dropped or dismissed.
- In the event that our motion is not accepted, we will aggressively defend you in court.
What Are White Collar Crimes?
A white collar crime is any non-violent offense that is committed or planned for financial gain.
It encompasses a wide range of offenses, including:
- Fraud- false misrepresentation or perversion of truth that resulted in another person parting with something valuable to them
- Evading taxes- illegally avoiding paying your taxes by misrepresenting your income, hiding money, or another means
- Embezzlement- fraudulently taking the property of another person who lawfully owns that property
- Bribery- paying or giving something valuable to someone in exchange for an official action
- Money laundering- obtaining money or other assets through criminal activity
- Antitrust violations- engaging in abusive practices like monopolies, price fixing, and restraints
These crimes are prosecuted by the federal government and can involve serious penalties. Not only could you be imprisoned and subject to serious fines, but you may have a record that can affect your whole life.
Get a Free Consultation from Wilfert Law, PC
Don't risk the consequences of conviction by using a public defender. Call a seasoned Ventura criminal defense lawyer at Wilfert Law, PC for a free consultation. Our goal is to get the best possible resolution for you and we will work tirelessly to that end!