Contact Us for a Free Consultation 805-901-9119

Ventura DUI Probation Violation Attorney

Begin Building Your Case Today! Call (805) 901-9119

Probation is often given to those convicted of DUI instead of harsher penalties such as jail time. The condition of probation means that the defendant will also abide by a certain set of rules that the judge may issue. If you have been accused of violating your probation after being convicted of a DUI, speak with our Ventura DUI lawyer right away to discuss your California DUI probation case!

Wilfert Law, P.C. has achieved unparalleled success in the courtroom. We go above and beyond to help our clients and help them to overcome even the most serious of DUI charges.

What Constitutes a Probation Violation?

When the courts issue probation violation, it is to give that person a chance to reform and pay their dues. An offer of probation is considerably much more advantageous to defendants, primarily because it can avoid having to spend time in jail.

In California, a judge typically issues probation for three years, in addition to any other penalties for a DUI conviction. The judge will usually inform the defendant what actions or behaviors may constitute a probation violation.

These actions might include the following:

  • Failing to show proof of enrollment in DUI school
  • Failing to participate in court-ordered programs
  • Failing to pay restitution to victims
  • Failing to pay fines
  • Driving with even the slightest trace of alcohol in your system
  • Refusing to take part in blood, breath, or urine test, if pulled over by law enforcement
  • Failing to show up for scheduled court appearances
  • Failing to comply with any other terms issued as part of probation

If the judge finds that there is enough evidence to support the fact that you have violated your probation, they have the right to revoke or extend probation, and even issue a harsher jail sentence.

Call Us Today for a Free Consultation

As Ventura DUI attorneys, we can defend your rights if you have been accused of violating probation. The only surefire to battle through your court case is to have an experienced lawyer working with you to preserve your reputation and your freedom.